Thursday, June 14, 2012

Finally here!!

Hey! sorry I haven't posted in awhile!
Well on June 10 I arrived in San Francisco for orientation for 3 days. Where I met some great people!
There we went through classes and learned about Japanese life and culture. Everyone was split into Kumi's, which were groups that everyone stayed in. I got to meet so many people from across the US and even Canada! It was a lot of fun. :)
Yesterday we had a 10am flight to LAX then to Japan. The flight was very long! (almost 12 hours) but i sat next to some great people :)

Now I am in Japan. I met my host parents at the airport where we took home 1 other girl from YFU to her home in Japan. When my host parents and I arrived at their home they showed me where everything is and we sat in the living room and talked with each other. They don't speak much English, but they will just make my Japanese better :) In Japan they drive on the opposite side of the road and car, i love it! haha :) the roads here are very compact, which would seem scary to drive. I think today my host Dad will take me shopping in Tokyo! I am very excited!!

My Dorm Room in San Francisco 

View

Lanuage Class :)

Courtyard

My friend Anna

Japanese meal

Japanese tea that was really yummy :)

My Kumi

My karaoke buddy! 


All of the Texans! :)

Plane ride!

My host Parents :)

Their car

My new home!

My new room :)


Until next time,
Kenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment