Monday, July 2, 2012

Japan is amazing!

Sorry for not posting!!! Here's my update:
6/22/12
On Friday I started Track Club at my school! That day I warmed up with everyone then went and ran some hurdles with 2 guys. The warm-ups are so different here then in America! After awhile, one of the guys asked me to show them some of the hurdle warm-ups we do in America, so I showed them everything I could remember, which wasn't much. After track club, Jade and I waited in the cafeteria for her host sister. While sitting there we met this one kid named Diaki. He is amazing at solving the Rubix cube. He solved it in about 15 seconds. It was crazy.
6/23/12
On Saturday I had school, but it was only a half day. After school i had to ride the train home by myself....I was really nervous and hoping that I wouldn't get myself lost, but I successfully made it home without any problems :D I'm finally getting the train down :) When I arrived home my host mom took me shopping. It was a lot of fun! The Japanese food courts are so much better then in Texas. They have awesome food that isn't just fast food. I also saw Baskin Robins. It's actually very popular in Japan! At the mall they have this store called the 100 yen store. Everything there is 100 yen or less...so it's kinda like the dollar store in America.
6/24/12
On Sunday I woke up and my host dad and I went to this bread store in town and picked up some bread for breakfast. So Japan has the best bread ever. I will miss it very much. We brought it home and ate it. It was amazing! After breakfast my host mom and I did a little more shopping then met up with Jade and her host mom and then we went to our Japanese Dance lesson! There we got to wear Kimono's and learn a really difficult dance. It was really confusing but at the end I got it down and now I don't remember it anymore. After our Japanese Dance we went back to the mall and Jade, her little host sister and I went to this thing they have called Purikura. It's a photo booth, except bigger and a lot more fun :) Later that night my host parents to me to my first sushi restaurant in Japan! It was pretty amazing! I figured out that the only "raw fish" sushi I like is Salmon and shrimp, but I tried many things.
6/25/12
On Monday during 1st period all of the classes were planning their trip for China in October, so they told Jade and I to go sit in the cafeteria until they were done. While we were in the cafeteria we met another exchange student from Mexico. She has been here for the whole year and she leaves the day me and Jade do. It was really nice finding another exchange student at the school. Then she told us that there are also 2 Brazilian guys here also! For my 3rd period class I had Calligraphy. It was a lot of fun! The teacher drew something on a piece of paper and I just copied it for the class period. He drew out "friendship" and my name :) Then  later that night when I got home I had dinner with my host dad and my host sister, Ai. When my host mom got home we all sat in the living room and watched my Japanese video. It was very funny! After watching the video I skyped my mom, which was very nice :)
6/28/12
On Thursday we only had to go to 4 classes instead of 6 because there was an orchestra performance that everyone had to go to. There were 2 kids that went to my school that were in it. There was this one girl that is a grade above me sing...she was realllly good and this other girl that is in my grade play the piano, she is actually in my geography class! Everyone else in the orchestra was a professional. It was really cool to see it!  In the auditorium the seats were really close together...they were not meant for tall people. I had to sit there awkwardly trying not to hit the person in front of me or beside me. I was very uncomfortable...haha. After the concert I went home with Jade that day. At her house her host mom teaches 2 abacus classes, so me and Jade got to help out with that. The first age group was about 7-10 years old. In the class they would have some worksheets that they would have to finish in an amount of time that was given. Some worksheets they had to multiply/divide things in there head, like 1034/2, and some went on this program on the computer and numbers would flash up fast and they would have to add up the numbers and type in the answer. They were crazy good at it. It was kinda scary. Then the next age group was from 10-13 years old. They did the same stuff as the first group except harder. They were also really good at it. At the end of each class the kids would ask me and Jade questions about ourselves.  At the end of the second group this group of girls decided to attack me and jade an tickle us. At the end I was in a ball on the ground trying to defend my self from a group of 12 year olds and Jade was in a corner. It was really funny, I couldn't stop laughing.
6/30/12
On Saturday I got to go to the Zoo! I went with my host dad and host sister, Aya. It was so much fun!! At the zoo we saw the pandas first....well the boy panda. The girl panda area was closed off because she is pregnant. I asked Aya when it would open and she said probably November! Then we walked around some and looked at the other animals. I saw a sloth! <3 I sorta freaked out when I saw it and I had to explain to Aya that it is my favorite animal. hahha she just laughed at me. My host dad ended up finding this area where you can take a picture with these panda statues and this background. It was awesome and I really liked the picture. After looking through all the animals we had lunch and left. The train ride was about 45 min, so I slept a little. When we got home I showered and then played Wii with Ai. It was a lot of fun! We played tennis, bowling, baseball, then Super Mario. That night everyone just sorta went in there rooms and napped and then went to bed. 
7/1/12
On Sunday my host mom and Ai took me to Shibuya. It's a city that has a lot of shopping..basically like New York City. There we met up with Jade and her host mom, then me Jade and Ai went off shopping. We went in H&M which was 4 stories high. It was amazing. After looking through there we walked around the city more and I saw a 5 story Forever 21. I thought the one at Baybrook was big. I didn't get to go in but it looked awesome from the outside! Then Ai took us to another Purikura. It was awesome! Texas really needs to get some of them. After that we met back up with me and Jade's host mom and went to McDonald's. The McDonald's here is soooo much cleaner then America...and the food is better. It's less greasy and the meat on the burgers actually taste like real meat :D After McDonald's we went walking around more and I finally got to buy an I <3 Tokyo T-shirt!!! I was so happy! After shopping we went to this Tea ceremony thing that YFU sponsored. There we got to wear a Kimono again, and we went into this room and they walked us through a traditional tea ceremony. It was really cool! I give props to the Japanese people who have to sit on there knees....it REALLY hurts after awhile...I dont know how they do it. After the ceremony I saw Hitomi (an exchange student that was in Houston for the previous year)! it was really cool seeing her! Then we went to this other area where we "fished" for balloons. I got mine on the first try! :D After that we changed back into our normal clothes and chatted with other people. I saw some people from the orientation I knew so I talked to them, then I saw Yuta (another exchange student from the previous year). It was awesome to see them there with their exchange students. After awhile we finally left for home. That night we went out to dinner at this Japanese restaurant. For seating we got our own little room. It had the table in there. It was really cool! For dinner my host dad just ordered a bunch of stuff and I just tried everything. I had this cooked asparagus wrapped in bacon, different types of fish, chicken, pork, salad, and stuff like that. I actually got to try chicken liver, which wasn't that good, chicken heart, which was amazing!, and pig tongue, which was actually pretty good. At the end I was really full and couldn't eat anymore. Then we went home and all went to bed. 
7/2/12
Today, Monday, I went to school. The classes I had were 1st-homeroom 2nd-math 3rd-music 4th-geography Lunch 5th-English and 6th-Old Japanese. In almost all of my classes I don't understand anything, so I just sit there and read or write in my journal. I think that while I've been here I've read about 7 books during school. Tonight my host dad will be cooking dinner and I'm very excited to see what we will have! :)
Next week are Final exams at my school, so I don't have to go to school that week! Yay. hahah I'm so happy I don't have to take any tests and that I'm done with that for another month. :)
School...I can't remember which class this is.

Japanese Bread <3

Kimono

My host mom, Jade's host mom, Jade's little host sister, Jade, Me

Track club!

The most amazing hurdles ever!

Me and Aya in the Zoo :)

PANDA!!

Tiger, I love this picture!

Sloth <3

Giraffe <3

This famous dog statue in Shibuya

Shibuya. The whole day I felt like I was in the Japanese New York City




Kimono's Part 2

Sitting like this hurts soooo much after awhile

Tea maker

Sushi restaurant 

I love this picture <3 
Me, Aya, and My host dad


Well that's all for now! I'll try and post more often then I have been :)
Kenzie



No comments:

Post a Comment